Code of Conduct for Students
1. It is mandatory for each student to wear STUDENT IDENTITY CARD during the school hours as well as his/her travel in the school bus. Non-compliance of it will invite a fine of Rs. 200/- (Two Hundred) each time. In case of loss/damage or change of card(s) due to some amendment,a written request signed by the parent and through the class teacher should be submitted immediately to the Discipline Incharge through the class teacher for issuance of the Card on payment of Rs.200/- (Two Hundred). It is compulsory to deposit back the Student and Parent Photo Identity Cards to the Class Teacher at the end of the session.
2. This ALMANAC is to be brought to the school by the student every day. A fine Rs.100/- (One Hundred) will be imposed for not bringing diary to school on any day. A student will be asked to change ALMANAC on tearing off any of its pages or improper maintenance. It will invite a fine of 100/- (One Hundred) for issuance of new (second) ALMANAC or if ALMANAC is found without photograph of the student, third & subsequent ALMANAC, if used for loss or any other reason,will invite a fine of Rs.200/- (Two Hundred) each.
3. All students must come to the school on time. The late comers will not be allowed to enter the school.
4. The medium of conversation in the school premises should be strictly English.
5. The bell before the assembly is a signal for the students to go to assembly. As soon as they are back in their classes, the students should get their books and notebooks ready for the first period. They should also maintain perfect discipline.
6. Change of classroom between periods should be done in silence and in an orderly manner.
7. Non-Sikh boys should get their hair cut at regular intervals. Colouring/dyeing hair and wearing of ear pins/rings are strictly prohibited. Girls should either cut their hair short/neatly tie in plaits. A fine of Rs.100/- will be imposed incase of non-compliance.
8. Shouting or whistling, running, talking in/around corridor or the school building is not allowed.
9. Students must move in an orderly manner while they are moving in the school premises.
10. Students are not allowed to bring personal sports equipments to school.
11. Other than textbooks or library books, no books, magazines or papers should be brought to the school without prior permission of the Principal.
12. It is not advisable to bring to school valuable articles like expensive watches, fountain pens, transistors, radios, tape recorders, cameras, mobile phone or any electronic gadgets and jewellery etc. The school is not responsible for any article lost. Lending or borrowing of money or valuable articles is strictly prohibited. In case of any loss,the school will not be responsible. 6 The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
13. Care must be taken of the school property and no one is allowed to scratch or spoil the desks and chairs or damage any school furniture, write or draw anything on the walls or in any way damage any article belonging to others.
14. Damage done even by accident or mistake should be reported immediately to the class captain or to the Principal/Vice-Principal/Headmaster/Headmistress.
15. Any damage done to the school property will be made good by the concerned student together with a fine money imposed for such an offence.
16. Any student who notices something damaged should report to the teacher even if he/she does not know who has done it.
17. No student should bring any weapon or sharp articles like scissors, knife, cutter, steel/metal bangle etc.to the school.
18. Almanac to be used only for noting homework and instructions & not for subject notes.
19 No student is allowed to come to school in self driven vehicle. Refer to CBSE circular no. DE.23(555)/Sch.Br./2014/1900 dated 03/11/16.
20. No student is allowed to enter/come to school on a motorcycle or scooter. Students coming to school by bicycle should refrain from double or triple riding. Students must not ride the bicycle in the school compound.
21. Students who come to school under the care of guardians/servants/riksha pullers should never leave the school before they arrive to take them back. In case of delay,they should report to the school office.
22. Those who commute alone must never roam around on the way but return to home straight without delay.
23. Students are warned not to buy any eatable from the street vendors.
24. Students should be very polite wherever they go. They should always remember that the school is judged by their behavior and conduct. Use of abusive language/passing filthy or vulgar comments will invite stern action immediately.
25. All students should greet their teachers whenever they meet them. No student should use any foul language against any teacher, visitor or guest of the school.
26. The school reserves the right to terminate any student whose progress in studies in unsatisfactory or whose conduct is a bad example for other children.
27. Bringing fireworks/bursting or extending any kind of support for exploding crackers or splashing water or colour or flying kite in the school premises or outside in the vicinity of the school is strictly prohibited, even during festival time. Non-compliance of these instructions can result in expulsion from the school.
28. During periods no student is allowed to leave the class without valid outpass. Movements outside the class in 1st,4th,5th and 8th periods is not allowed.
29. All school appointees should wear their respective badges daily.
30. Students must come to school in neat and clean uniform only. This rule applies even when they come to school for any purpose other than attending class or even after school hours. Scribbling on uniform or its improper wearing is punishable.
31. It is compulsory for students to wear lab coat/apron during practical periods in Chemistry/H.Sc. Lab., otherwise student(s) will not be allowed to do practical and simultaneously a fine of Rs. 100/- will be imposed.
32. Photograph in school uniform only will be accepted for attestation, in Identity Card or in the School Bulletin. 33. No student is allowed to visit the canteen during the teaching periods.
34. For availing the services of Medical Room, a student is supposed to get written permission (except in exigency) from the concerned Subject/Class Teacher in his/her Almanac. 7 A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
35. Any kind of gathering/celebration in the classroom/canteen or anywhere in or around school campus is not allowed.
36. Bullying is strictly prohibited inside the school premises and no such act will be spared.
37. Students must submit acknowledgment/ consent form/ class assignment/ assessment or any other proforma to the concerned incharge within the stipulated period.
38. Applying Nail Paints/Nail Art/Tatoos/Heena is not allowed.
39. Students should be watchful of their behavior and gestures when in the school premises.
SAFETY GUIDELINES FOR SPORTS ACTIVITIES
1. The participants must submit a declaration from parents/guardians that their wards do not have any serious disease or any other health problem.The students participating in sports and games for the first time at any level should submit general medical certificate.
2. No student with any physical ailment/past health history of serious illness will be allowed to participate in games/ sports activities, especially those games which require stamina and strength.
3. The participants must stop immediately as and when they feel exhausted/fatigued or any kind of pain in chest and they must discontinue the activity at once and inform the officials present on the spot.
4. The participants must not be empty stomach while doing any activity and must keep themselves fully hydrated.
5. Warm up exercises before actually starting games/ sports activities are a must. Similarly, light exercise such as jogging for a few minutes after finishing the activities should be continued.
6. The participants must participate in proper sports uniform/ kit as given in School Almanac.
7. The participants must use protective gears wherever necessary.
8. Student players are required to familiarize themselves with the rules and regulations before starting the games. DANGEROUS EQUIPMENTS like discus and shot put are allowed for usage by the students only in the presence of Physical Education Teacher or concerned coach of the game. While using these sports equipments,it must be ensured that play field arena of these games is not used by any other student for any purpose.
ATTENDANCE, LEAVE RULES AND WITHDRAWAL
1. Every student must have at least 80% attendance to appear in the Half Yearly or the Annual Examination.Those who fail to fulfill this criteria,will be debarred. Request from the defaulter in this regard will not be entertained. However, a prize for maximum attendance is awarded on the basis of the total attendance in an academic year.
2. No re-examination will be held for the student who remains absent in any of tests/examination in any class. A fine of Rs. 100/- per test/ examination will be imposed on students of classes X & XII who skip these tests or examinations.
3. No student will be allowed t o leave the school campus during the school hours.However, in case of emergency, the parent/authorised guardian as per "Parent's Declaration" should come to the school with an application explaining the reason to take the ward. If the Principal/ VicePrincipal/Headmistress is satisfied with the explanation,the ward may be allowed to go.
4. Reported absence without granting of leave or unexplained absence for six consecutive days may result in the student’s name being struck off the rolls.Re-admission will be purely at the discretion of the Principal and that too with re-admission fee. A fine of Rs. 20/- per day will be charged for every unexplained absence of a student from the school.Leave will not be granted (except in emergency) if 20% or more students remain absent in a class on a particular day.Attendance on SPORTS MEET days is compulsory and the absence will be viewed seriously and may invite a fine of Rs.100/- per day. 8 Success is the progressive realisation of a worthy goal or ideal.
5. Transfer Certificate will not be issued until and unless all dues of the school are settled.Any request for Transfer Certificate must be made atleast one month in advance,failing which the fee for one month may be charged.
6. Student can be asked to leave the school on the following grounds : (a) Indiscipline. (b) Unsatisfactory progress in work (c) Repeated detention in the class.
7. A student failing twice in the same class will not be permitted to continue his/her studies in the school or if he/she becomes overage for that class.